Thursday, November 29, 2007

My Little Ninja Warrior

Ok...so occasionally I will post something that isn't a rant...who am I kidding...I only post occasionally. Something about my wife saying rants about the family being off-limits and people getting fired for blogging about work kills a ton of what I could use as fodder.

Anyway, my kids and I love cable. I love high-speed internet (duh...computer geek); however cable television is the absolute bomb. Mini-rant warning!!! I just wish I could pick and choose my channels. Why in the name of purple fish do I need every single movie channel??? What is the purpose behind the near insanity of 900+ channels??? Mini-rant over. If I could get away with picking channels, I would be in heaven. Give me Discovery, AMC, Sci-Fi, Science Channel, Military Channel, and probably a dozen others and I'm good. My kids love alot of the same channels...even the girls (which drives the wife insane).

Lately, however, we have been watching a lot of "Sasuke" on G4 TV. "Sasuke" is a Japanese game show...gotta love 'em. "Most Extreme Elimination Challenge" is great!!! Voice-over is hilarious and watching people bite it while attempting crazy stunts is always good for a laugh. Anyway, "Sasuke" or "Ninja Warrior" as it is called here is a competition which pits 100 people against a crazy-sick obstacle course. Half the fun is watching the insane characters that people come up with...who would have thought, "Hey, I'll string some octopi together and call myself 'Octopus Man'". Anyway, the kids and I love this show. So much so, that the baby will sit still to watch it.

Recently she began opening the child gates herself, by bouncing on the pedal until the gate pops open. However, today she attempted something different...I call it the "The Gap". You can see in the picture below that she was attempting to cross "The Gap" in true ninja warrior fashion, much to our amusement.



Now I can't explain the whole lack of clothing thing. Apparently, she decided that her "jammies" weren't a necessary part of the attire for the ninja warrior attempt. I love this child...she is the source of much laughter and bemused shaking of the head. What can I except from "Tripod"...so named for her penchant for placing her forehead on the floor while standing with her feet spread a bit wider than her shoulders and attempting to walk around her own head.

Anyway, enjoy and laugh, if you want to....I do :)

1 Comment:

Smoochiefrog said...

Tripod's only funny if you have a picture to go with it dear.

And what's up with the word verification? Just be normal like me please!