Thursday, November 29, 2007

Yesterday's "Shudder" Moment

We were enjoying a nice dinner yesterday of home-made vegetable soup (beef broth and frozen vegetables with some secret spice mixture of my wife's) and grilled cheese sandwiches. We were have some lovely conversation when suddenly my daughter started talking about "Dancing With The Stars".

Now, I HATE reality TV shows. I find the attempted reality far too offensive...why not just script it and be done with it. Anyway, M was apparently screaming yesterday the night before while watching the afore-mentioned show. What was a surprise to me was why she was screaming.

My 6 year old daughter has apparently developed a crush on an adult male soap opera star!?!?!?!?!?! WTF, over!?! SHE'S 6?!?! I could understand her liking the show...she is a dancer and it's about dancing...but crushing over a soap star??? Needless to say, my appetite took a short vacation, while I shuddered and had to go sit in another room to collect myself...

These kids are going to be the death of me...that or I will finally go the way of so many male animals and eat my own young...after cooking them, of course.

0 Comments: